You might be familiar with the many advantages of an epoxy floor. The special mixture of epoxy resin and additives transforms any concrete floor into a water- and chemical-resistant surface. In addition, it can make concrete surfaces more aesthetically pleasing.
Given all these benefits, you’re probably wondering, “How much does it cost to epoxy garage floors?” Discover everything you need to know about this popular flooring option, including how much most epoxy floors cost, in this helpful guide. If you’re ready to transform your space with solid epoxy, contact Bull Epoxy Coating.
What Is Epoxy Flooring?
Before discussing the costs of installing epoxy floors, you’ll need to learn more about this versatile material that many place over their garage floors. Epoxy refers to the acrylic resin that is applied to concrete floors, though most people don’t realize there is another component that makes up the mixture.
Epoxy mixed with a chemical hardener transforms the material from a liquid to a solid. Both epoxy flooring materials adhere to the existing concrete floor for a protective, long-lasting finish.
Popular epoxy types include:
- Water-based epoxy
- Solvent-based epoxy, which includes volatile organic compounds
- Solid epoxy, which is an epoxy coating with no water or solvents
How much does it cost to epoxy garage floors? The answer varies depending on the type of finish you select. For example, a metallic epoxy floor cost will differ from a solid epoxy floor coating.
What Does the Average Epoxy Garage Floor Cost?
Exactly how much does it cost to epoxy the garage floor? The epoxy flooring cost ranges vary depending on the price of materials as well as the size of the concrete slab. Installers typically determine the flooring cost per square foot.
Most homeowners can expect to pay between $8 and $12 per square foot. Most of the epoxy garage floor cost per square foot accounts for the materials. Installers usually include the cost of labour in this price as well.
Epoxy garage floors cost more if someone’s looking to cover a larger space. For example, say a homeowner has a 240-square-foot single-car garage, and a contractor estimates the project will cost $10 per square foot. The total price comes out to $2,400, much lower than someone looking to place epoxy over a spacious two-car garage or commercial car dealership.
Keep in mind that prices will vary depending on the installer chosen. Some companies, like Bull Epoxy Coating, take pride in offering competitive prices. Others will charge more for their labour and service.
How Professionals Install an Epoxy Floor
Installing epoxy flooring yourself to eliminate labour costs and save money may be more trouble than it’s worth. Always count on experts for professional installation rather than tackle it as a DIY project. Professionals have access to a range of epoxy coatings, as well as epoxy paint, and will transform the garage floor so it fits a client’s vision.
Now that you have the answer to, “How much does it cost to epoxy garage floors?” it’s time to understand how experts install epoxy floors. The installation process includes the following steps:
- Measuring the space per square foot: Installers will need to know how much of the selected epoxy type they need for the job. The total area also determines how much epoxy garage floors will cost.
- Issuing concrete flooring repairs: You won’t achieve the clean look of polished concrete after applying epoxy if the surface has damage. Contractors will repair any minor issues and prepare the floor.
- Creating and pouring the mixture: Installers take your preferred style of epoxy flooring and mix it with a hardener, plus any decorative flakes you wish to include. They’ll pour it evenly over the surface.
- Allowing the new coating to cure: Epoxy garage flooring usually dries within a day, though this doesn’t mean it’s ready for heavy traffic. Avoid using the floor for about a week to allow it to fully cure. Keep in mind that the cure time may vary for water-based epoxy vs. solvent-based epoxy.
The Bottom Line
The cost to install epoxy floors varies based on the size of the concrete garage floor. However, epoxy flooring is well worth the installation cost because of its longevity and the protection it offers your garage floor.
Still wondering, “How much does it cost to epoxy garage floors in Toronto?” Reach out to Bull Epoxy Coating for a quote. They’ll let you know how to prepare your garage floor so they can correctly install epoxy flooring. They have extensive experience with garage floor epoxy flooring and can easily handle your installation.
Call today at (416) 736-2999.